Direct Faculty Oversight
- Tier 1 courses have an instructor that personally oversees the course.
- He grades written assignments, posts weekly notifications to inform, direct, and motivate.
- He interacts with students to help them succeed in the course.
- Tier 1 courses follow a 16-week semester.
- Tier 1 courses enable student-to-student interaction with Discussion Board Assignments.
- Students are from all over the world; this interaction enriches learning and fosters unity, community, and fellowship.
Asynchronous: Weekly Deadlines
- “Asynchronous” means that the courses do not have set log-in times, or live class meetings, or scheduled lectures in real time.
- This allows students the freedom to listen to the lecture presentations, complete assignments, and exams anytime they want, as long as the work is done in 7 days.
- This option balances a flexible schedule with a structure of deadlines.
Enhanced, Full-Credit Courses
- Tier 1 courses have a broader variety of assignments, a great depth of assessment, increased interaction, and higher level of accountability.
- Tier 1 courses are considered educationally “Enhanced” due to all the factors above.
- Tier 1 student transcripts and the graduation diplomas will reflect completion of the ACB-MJS “Enhanced Education Program.”